Sunday, February 19, 2012

Huh?

Back when this writer was a young apprentice the shop in which he worked held a drive for the United Way. An hour during a particular work day was set aside for the employees were given the opportunity to listen to a presentation by a flack from the United Way attempting to separate them from their hard earned long green for various "charities."
The result of the drive was that during the set aside hour the only people in the room where the presentation was given were the United Way flack and the personnel manager.
Needless to say, the personnel manager was embarrassed and asked why nobody showed up for the presentation. The reply given was usually something along the lines of, "The United Way supports organizations I don't like." The PM said, "But you can direct your contribution to a particular organization." And the machinist would answer, "That means that I gave to the organization I don't like because the money will be shifted from the undesignated money. In one way or another I'm giving to such and such charity that I don't like. I'll just give my money directly to my favorite charity and make sure that it gets to where I want it to go."
Have said this, here's this:
Huh? - hitz53's Space

No comments: